Polished concrete enables customers to utilise and transform their existing old dull concrete slab or newly cast floor into a beautiful, bright inviting space. We provide a complete grind and polish service including clear seal coats to protect your polished floor.
Polishing involves using coarse diamonds on our planetary grinders followed by progressively finer diamonds to produce a high gloss finish. Polished concrete is a great alternative for customers and business owners who cannot afford marble or granite but require a brilliant mirror-like finish.
Where can polished concrete be used?
- Retail outlets
- Chemical and pharmaceutical
- Food preparation and storage areas
- Office reception areas
- Car showrooms
Polished concrete benefits
- Polished concrete is extremely hardwearing and is capable of withstanding continuous fork truck and heavy vehicular traffic in industrial environments. Traditional floor coverings require continuous repairs and maintenance. Concrete is also ideal for high foot traffic areas.
- Cost saving is a major benefit by utilising the existing concrete as the floor finish
- Environmental sustainability is important. By utilising the existing floor slab the project is dematerialized keeping removed coverings out of a landfill. There is no requirement for the production, transport and application of toxic and other harmful floor coverings when polishing new or existing concrete surfaces
- Easy to clean and If maintained will last a lifetime. Daily maintenance only requires damp mopping and for larger areas, mechanical floor scrubber driers can be used with 3000 grit diamond cleaning pads. This helps to maintain and improve the polished finish as part of routine cleaning.
- The high gloss finish will reflect light very effectively and will project a bright, clean and professional image in office reception areas, lobby’s, hotels and restaurants. Annual lighting costs can be reduced. By utilising the highly reflective surface, fewer lights need to be used.
- Polished concrete solves moisture transmission issues. By allowing the floor to breath there is no risk of delamination of tiles or other traditional floor coverings caused by transmitting moisture
- Impregnating concrete densifiers are added during the polishing process which improves the surface hardness.
- Concrete dusting caused by industrial vehicles is eliminated by grinding, densifying and polished the surface. This will reduce the daily cleaning costs
- Tyre wear for industrial vehicles is dramatically reduced by creating a dense and flat polished surface. By reducing the undulations in concrete during the grinding process this will improve fork truck stability whilst driving in normal and high reach warehouses
- Seal coats are water/chemical resistant. Colour densifiers/impregnating seal coats can be added depending on the aesthetic requirements.